Terms and Conditions
Last updated: 23rd September, 2022
These terms and conditions provide detailed information for patients considering procedures with Adnova Clinic Limited. They explain the fees, what happens if you or we cancel the procedure and what happens if you suffer complications.
There are certain items that are not covered by the standard fees and these are listed below.
For surgery the quoted price will be confirmed in writing (the “Quotation”) after consultation and before booking this price is valid for surgery within 6 months. The agreed price is only valid upon issue of an Adnova Clinic written letter and quotation for treatment. A £500 (for admin costs) deposit is required to secure your date for surgery, with full payment 30 days prior to surgery. Payment by BACS (credit cards not accepted).
For services provided on Adnova Clinic Limited sites, you are contracting with Adnova Clinic Limited. The services are provided to you by Adnova Clinic Limited and we have contracted with the Consultant or other medical practitioner who will be responsible for your procedure and the delivery of your aftercare. We have also contracted with other staff to provide those services. Your treatment provider might not be an employee of Adnova Clinic Limited but will hold appropriate experience and medical indemnity for the procedure(s) they are providing.
These Terms and Conditions are the entire agreement between the patient and Adnova Clinic Limited and there shall be no remedy in respect of any representation or warranty that is not set out in these terms and conditions (save that nothing in this clause shall limit or exclude any liability for fraud).
- There is no deposit required when booking a consultation. However, if you wish to cancel, change or reschedule your consultation date at least 48 hours’ notice is required by email or telephone call with one of our staff.
- A consultation is an opportunity to meet and receive the opinion of your chosen Consultant or expert. It does not guarantee that any procedure or treatment will be offered by Adnova Clinic Limited or its contracted Consultants or experts.
- If a fee is incurred as part of a consultation, it will not be refunded if the advice of the Consultant or expert means they cannot or will not offer a treatment. The consultation fee does not guarantee treatment by Adnova Clinic Limited or its Consultants or experts.
2. Your treatment fees cover:
- Pre-treatment or pre-operative assessment prior to treatment or surgery respectively.
- Operating theatre charges.
- Surgical appliances used at the time of surgery.
- Surgical fee.
- Anaesthetic fee.
- Expected tissue histology fees.
- All follow-up consultations and visits, excluding additional optional treatments.
- Any complications that arise as a direct result of the surgery performed as long as such complications are identified within the first year after surgery.
- Any aesthetic revisions that have been agreed as necessary by your surgeon as long as such needs are identified within the first year after surgery
3. Items excluded from treatment fees and additional information
- Personal expenses such as travel.
- Management of medical conditions that may arise either before or after surgery. This also includes treatment and costs related to pre-existing medical conditions which may be charged directly by other private or NHS providers.
- Any items or surgical procedures that are not directly related to your agreed procedure will not be included in your agreed fees and will be invoiced directly to the individual.
- You should be aware that if you have a medical condition that needs to be investigated or treated prior to your surgery or treatment this may entail additional costs. If you have a medical condition that requires an unusual level of post-operative treatment and investigation you may incur further costs. If you are in any doubt discuss this with your Consultant. Any associated costs are payable by the patient.
- If it is unexpectedly found medically necessary or recommended to send a tissue specimen, at the time of your operation, for pathology or further analysis you will be charged for this.
- Any additional tests that Adnova Clinic Limited or your surgeon may require as part of your medical management will be charged to you. Should you require any test, or tests, outside the scope of the agreed fees they will be charged directly to you by Adnova Clinic Limited.
- Should your surgery need to be cancelled / postponed by your surgeon on the day of your admission due to undisclosed medical information, you will be charged hospital fees.
- If you discharge yourself from an in-patient hospital against the advice of your surgeon, in the event of an in-patient stay, no further services will be provided to you in relation to that surgical procedure, except at the discretion of Adnova Clinic Limited.
4. Prior to surgery you should:
- Upon receiving your Quotation, please read the terms and conditions, (failure to do so could result in your aftercare policy not being validated).
- Arrange a payment method as outlined in your Quotation.
- All fees must be paid in full 30 days prior to your scheduled surgery date. If the full amount is not received 30 days prior to the scheduled date Adnova Clinic Limited reserves the right to postpone / reschedule the surgery. Only one postponement will be allowed.
5. The Consultant
The Consultant is engaged by Adnova Clinic Limited so we can provide his / her services to you. The Consultant is not employed by Adnova Clinic Limited and is an independent contractor.
You must answer any questions put to you by the Consultant or other clinical staff truthfully, completely and accurately and provide any information which may affect your initial consultation, treatment or recovery.
6. Personal Details
You agree that we, Adnova Clinic Limited, can use your personal details for the purposes of providing you with clinical and surgical services, providing pre- and post-operative advice and treatment and administering our agreement with you.
This information may be provided to other clinical organisations and individuals (including the Consultant, clinical staff and the hospital) for the same purposes.
Adnova Clinic Limited shall not be liable for any indirect or consequential losses. Liability for direct losses will be capped at the fees paid for the services. Adnova Clinic Limited contracts in good faith with its providers and shall not be liable for the fraudulent, criminal or negligent activity of these providers, including medical negligence.
8. Your questions answered:
What if I decide not to proceed with my surgery?
- At Adnova Clinic, we believe that patients should never feel pressured into having surgery. We will provide a full refund of monies paid if the cancellation is 4 weeks prior to the surgery date (this includes deposits), if cancellation is less than 4 weeks prior to the surgery date the admin fee (£500) will be non-refundable unless there are exceptional circumstances when the fee would be refunded or credited to the patient’s account if the surgery was postponed to another date. Any expenses incurred by the hospital (such as blood tests) prior to the cancellation and the initial consultation fee will not be refunded.
- Please be aware that dates for surgery are highly sought after. If you feel that you cannot proceed, please be considerate and give as much notice as possible so that your surgery slot can be taken by another patient.
What if I suffer complications?
- Adnova Clinic Limited provides no guarantee of aesthetic outcome or post-operative result, however we take steps to ensure that the hospital, Consultant and other staff perform to best clinical practice in terms of pre-and post- operative care, as well as the undertaking of the procedure itself. The services will be carried out with all reasonable care and skill and materially in accordance with the terms of this agreement. Adnova Clinic Limited reserve the right to change the services in order to comply with any applicable law or safety requirement. If such a variation is required you will be notified.
- Adnova Clinic Limited offers all patients unlimited follow-up appointments relating to the surgical procedure performed.
- Treatment of any complications that arise as a direct result of the surgery performed will be included within the original quoted treatment fee as long as such complications are identified within the first year after surgery. Adnova Clinic Limited is unable to cover fees that might be incurred through the investigation and / or management of complications of surgery that take place independently of Adnova Clinic Limited.
- Adnova Clinic Limited is unable to cover fees that might be incurred in the investigation and / or management of complications of surgery while the patient is abroad.
- Please note that not all complications are able to be adequately treated at Adnova Clinic. If such complications occur, it may sometimes be necessary to transfer your care to the local NHS Trust.
Complaint Policy summary
Adnova Clinic aims to provide all patients with the highest standards of care and customer service. If we fail to achieve this, we listen carefully and respond to complaints swiftly acknowledging any mistakes and rectifying them so that we can make improvements to our service.
- The complaints full policy is made available to patients, their affected relative or a representative when they first raise concerns about any aspect of the service they have received.
- Responses at all stages are made quickly:
- A member of staff will acknowledge the concern once we are made aware of it within 3 days.
- A detailed written response will be sent within 10 working days.
- Where there are delays and the investigation is still in progress a letter will be sent explaining the reason for the delay to the patient at a minimum every 10 working days
Adnova Clinic has a 3 stage process for handling complaints:
Stage 1: Local Resolution – Clinic Manager
All complaints should be raised directly with the Clinic Manager in the first instance and should normally be made as soon as possible / within 6 months of the date of the event complained about, or as soon as the matter first came to the attention of the complainant.
The patient will be given a copy of our complaints procedure and invited to speak to the Clinic Manager or attend a face to face meeting including other relevant parties should they feel comfortable to do so, to talk through their concerns and to try and resolve the issue at an early stage.
The Clinic Manager will go through a thorough process of investigation to include reviewing the case in detail and taking statements from all staff members / doctors concerned. The Clinic Manager responds directly to the person who has made the complaint whether the complaint was made verbally, by letter, text or email.
Stage 2: Complaint Review
Patients who remain dissatisfied with the outcome of stage 1 may request in writing within 6 months to have their complaint moved to stage 2 where the handling of the complaint will be reviewed by a director of the Company who has not been involved with the complaint at stage 1. The Director will interview staff concerned and review all documentation to form an independent view of the handling of the complaint. The Director will respond directly to the patient either upholding or not upholding the complaint.
Stage 3: Surgical patients who have undergone a procedure: Independent external adjudication by the Independent Sector Complaints Adjudication Service (ISCAS) www.iscas.org.uk
Patients who are dissatisfied with the outcome of the complaint handling review at stage 2 can make a request in writing within 6 months of the final response to stage 2 to ISCAS. ISCAS will only become involved if the first 2 stages of the process have been completed as confirmed by Adnova Clinic Limited. Adnova Clinic Limited should also inform patients that it is their right to inform the following regulatory body:
Care Quality Commission (CQC) – England: 03000 616161 – www.cqc.org.uk
You can contact Adnova Clinic Limited by email on email@example.com.
By using our free Wi-Fi access you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. This agreement sets out the terms and conditions on which wireless internet access (“the Service”) is provided free of charge to you, a patient or guest of Adnova Clinic (“us”) in consideration for your custom. Usage of which confirms your agreement to these terms and conditions.
Extent of the service
- We do not recommend in particular the use of any websites (or other internet related services) (“Internet Services”) and your use of Internet Services is carried out entirely at your own risk.
- We have no responsibility for, or control over, the Internet Services you access and do not guarantee that any services are error or virus free.
- We have no responsibility for, or control over, the information you transmit or receive via the Service.
- Save for the purposes of network diagnostics we do not examine the use to which you put the Service or the nature of the information you send or receive.
1. We do not guarantee:
- the availability of the Service;
- the speed at which information may be transmitted or received via the Service; or
- that the Service will be compatible with your equipment or any software which you use.
- We do not guarantee the security of the information which you may transmit or receive using the Service or located on any equipment utilising the Service and you accept that it is your responsibility to protect your information and have adequate security (in terms of equipment and procedures) to ensure the security, integrity and confidentiality of your information and data.
- We reserve the right at all times to withdraw the Service, change the specifications or manner of use of the Service, to change access codes, usernames, passwords or other security information necessary to access the service.
2. Your Use of the Service
You must not use the Service to access Internet Services, or send or receive e-mails, which:
- are defamatory, threatening, intimidatory or which could be classed as harassment;
- contain obscene, profane or abusive language or material;
- contain pornographic material (that is text, pictures, films, video clips of a sexually explicit or arousing nature);
- contain offensive or derogatory images regarding sex, race, religion, colour, origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition or sexual orientation;
- contain material which infringe third party’s rights (including intellectual property rights);
- in our reasonable opinion may adversely affect the manner in which we carry out our business; or
- are otherwise unlawful or inappropriate;
- Music, video, pictures, text and other content on the internet are copyright works and you should not download, alter, e-mail or otherwise use such content unless certain that the owner of such works has authorised its use by you.
- We may terminate or temporarily suspend the Service if we reasonably believe that you are in breach of any provisions of this agreement
- We recommend that you do not use the service to transmit or receive any confidential information or data and should you choose to do so you do so at your own risk.
- The Service is intended for consumer use only. In the event that you use the Service for commercial purposes we would specifically refer you to clause 5.2 below.
3. Criminal Activity
- You must not use the Service to engage in any activity which constitutes or is capable of constituting a criminal offence, either in the United Kingdom or in any state throughout the world.
- You agree and acknowledge that we may be required to provide assistance and information to law enforcement, governmental agencies and other authorities.
- You agree and acknowledge that we may keep a log of the Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses of any devices which access the Service, the times when they have accessed the Service and the activity associated with that IP address.
- You further agree we are entitled to co-operate with law enforcement authorities and rights-holders in the investigation of any suspected or alleged illegal activity by you which may include, but is not limited to, disclosure of such information as we have (whether pursuant to clause 3.3 or otherwise), and are entitled to provide by law, to law enforcement authorities or rights-holders.
4. Our Use of your Information
- Subject to clauses 3.3 and 3.4 above we confirm that we shall use the contact details you provide to us solely for the purposes of contacting you with marketing information, updates, promotions and special offers relating to our business.
5. Other Terms
- You agree to compensate us fully for any claims or legal action made or threatened against us by someone else because you have used the service in breach of these terms and conditions, and in particular clause 2.1 to 2.3 and 3.1 above.
- Whilst we do not seek to limit our responsibility for fraudulent misrepresentation or if you are injured or die as a result of our negligence we have no responsibility (to the extent permitted by law) to compensate you (whether or not we are negligent) for any direct financial loss, loss of profit, revenue, time, anticipated savings or profit or revenue, opportunity, data, use, business, wasted expenditure, business interruption, loss arising from disclosure of confidential information, loss arising from or in connection with use of the service or inability to use or access the service or a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the service at any time or damage to physical property or for any other similar direct loss that may arise in relation to this agreement whether or not we were advised in advance of the possibility of such loss or damage.
- We agree that neither this agreement does not allow either party to act as, or hold themselves out as, acting as an agent of the other party and that that the terms of this agreement are not enforceable by a third party under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- This agreement is governed by the law of England and Wales and is subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
You confirm that you accept these terms and conditions as the basis of your use of the wireless internet access provided and all other items listed.